Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Turning 30 and Feeling Fabulous

Turning 30 in the Chinese culture signifies Independence. This is when parents truly feel that a child is able to stand on their own - it's a big mile marker. I have to admit, I wasn't all that excited about leaving my 20's and turning 30. But, now that it's come and gone, I'm feeling pretty good. :) We celebrated the beginning of my 30's in style and had some great fun. On my actual birthday Luke came home with this lovely bouquet of flowers from Pike Place Market. I LOVE that place and the flowers there are amazing. Since my birthday was in the middle of the week, we decided to wait till the weekend to celebrate.

Friday night our good friends Marty and Leyah surprised me by taking us all out to Buca di Beppos. For those of you who don't know, this place is a family style Italian restaurant. We had lots of fun at the restaurant and playing games after.
Luke got me a snazzy red weather-proof coat from costco Sat morning.
He then surprised me with these beauties! Diamond earings from Zales - I was speechless.

Sat night Luke and I went to Wild Ginger with my parents. Wild Ginger is my absolute favorite restaurants in Seattle. They serve the most wonderful pan-asian food. My parents have never been and I wanted to take them there... or rather let them take me there. In my sis-in-law Misty's words, I was "being spoiled by my 3 best spoilers." My parents combined gave me some money to buy a SLR camera. I'll be waiting for some good holiday sales to partake in that present- I'm SO EXCITED!!!
Lots happened in my 20's - I graduated from UW, made amazing, eternal friends, married Luke, graduated from law school, had 2 kids and bought my first house!! I'm excited to see what the 30's will bring. Thank you to all those who love and support me always.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for birthdays! What fun you had!

    We got our camera after Christmas last year- it was a toss up between Amazon and Costco for the best deal, they both kept lowering their prices. (We got the Canon T1i, from Costco) Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Buca di Beppo! And Wild Ginger! What great treats!! Cute red jacket, by the way (way to go, Luke!). Glad you had such a great and long, celebration.

    You are so beautiful!! You just get prettier every year.

    Happy Birthday, again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete