Monday, August 20, 2012

Lily's 6th Birthday Party

 Lily's birthday was two months ago.  It was the weekend right after school ended on 6/23.  It was decided long ago when Lily was a baby that we wouldn't throw a party every single birthday because that would just be too crazy.  We don't mind having a friend over to spend the night/festivities with us once the kids get older, but other than that the kids will only get a party on their 6th, 12th, 16th and 18th, with the 8th birthday being special because they get the opportunity to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 Lily turned 6 this year so it was my first birthday party!  Lily wanted a castle cake and so I did the best that I could.  It took me FOREVER to make this cake and though it's a little lopsided Lily was IN LOVE with it!  It was totally worth the hours to see her reaction.  I believe it was a lemon cake layered with strawberries and cream in between.
 Anyway, When her friends first arrived we decorated crowns and wands.  The girls had a fabulous time doing it and got quite creative.
 Next we had some nail polish fun along with some face painting.  Thank you to Mama Hsu for painting all the nails!  She did a GREAT job.  I had a lot of fun face painting too.  The idea came because Luke and I had just taken the kids to the NW Folk Life Festival roughly a month before and saw that people charged $5-$25 dollars for face painting.  When I saw what they were doing I thought to myself, "heck, I can totally do that!"



 After the face painting we went out to hit the pinata.  It was a somewhat rainy day so we did it by our carport.  I was pretty grateful for a nice carport that day. :)

 After that was present time!  Lily LOVED all her presents from her friends and overall had a grand time.  I was completely exhausted afterwards, but I think with a bit of help from my Hubby, Mama Hsu and our dear sister Chris, we were able to pull off a very successful party.  My little princess sure enjoyed it. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're GOOD at that face-painting! Watch out - they'll have you strapped to a table at every school function for years if anybody hears about that. :) Love the cake, too!

    ReplyDelete