Sunday, December 18, 2011

Garden d'Light

We like to visit the Bellevue Botanical Gardens during the Holiday season.  Every year from Thanksgiving till the end of December, the Garden puts up an impressive light display for the people to enjoy.  It use to be a free event; however, due to funding they now charge on certain nights.  Monday-Wednesdays during the first 2-3 weeks of December is always free. We took the opportunity to go this past Tuesday.  It's one of the Hsu family traditions that I carried over into my own little family because these lights have magical holiday powers that make me happy and excited for Christmas.  For the most part things stay the same every year, however, they do try and add new lights/new creations here and there.  We took our family picture at the very end of the night this year which was NOT smart because Michael was extremely cranky by the end... and yes, that hat over half his face probably didn't help either.
I'm pretty sure I have about 10 pictures of this peacock and the swans from all the years that I've gone.  I just can't help myself but snag a picture of these beautiful creations every year.


The Fishtank display is fairly new.  I saw it for the first time last year.  It's one of the girls' favorite displays. 
The parrot is an oldie but goodie.   They didn't have the squirrel or the slug this year.  At least we didn't see them.  The girls were pretty bummed about that, but they did have something else that was new!
 This was my favorite!  Brand new this year, this dragon had over six thousand lights on it!  It was AMAZING! 

2 comments:

  1. This is my neighbor's last year in charge of the displays. This is all worked by volunteers. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there on Monday for FHE. Just missed you!

    ReplyDelete