Friday, September 9, 2011

My 31st

Best day EVER!  Luke took the day off work so that we could spend it together.  We went to Home Depot first to get a few things - have to say, I was pretty happy/proud that home depot was one of my birthday stops.  Next we went to the gym together and worked out.  Luke then made lunch for all of us.  After lunch him and the girls started making my birthday cake.  Now, you might be scared or think it'll be funny or a disaster, but let me tell you, my man did GOOOOOD!  In between making the cake and decorating it, we went to Michaels to get my present. We got some nice sketching/drawing pencils and charcoal.  I cannot wait to dig into it!  It's been so long and a few things have happened recently that has stirred my passion again.  After Michaels we went blackberry picking!  I am so excited to make some yummy blackberry jam or maybe pie or syrup; the possibilties are endless.  We came home with a nice little basket and the girls had a lot of fun.  Luke then finished making the cake, we went out to a mexican place for dinner, then came home for cake!

I am so thankful for such a sweet, loving husband that tried VERY hard to make my day special.  It was seriously the best day ever!  Thank you Luke!

Luke and the finished product, yes, Be AMAZED! Devils Food with the amazing whipped cream frosting and lots of yummy fruits!
Seriously impressive, RIGHT?! It was so dang good!
The inside was filled with cream frosting, strawberries and kiwi.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that is impressive. Way to go Luke! I honestly didn't think it would turn out that good!! (Hmm I mean that in a really nice way, since you had two little girls helping you, so I hope you don't take that wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks amazing. He could really be an asset to your wedding/catering business someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke rocked the cake world! Nice job! So glad you had a happy day. Yes, we're boring, old adults that become overjoyed going to places like Home Depot. Glad you could enjoy the simple things. Again, Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete