Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!

 The Saturday before Easter was a busy one for us.  Luke and I had rehearsal in the morning for Sunday's performance, then we had a Hsu lunch with all the Hsus - Ron and Misty included.  Next, it was time for some non-religious Easter fun.  The kids and I dyed eggs and decorated them.  The girls had a blast though it's messy business.  We ended up with blue-green fingers but we soaked them in soapy water to get it nice and clean.  After decorating the eggs Luke and I made an Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard for the kids.  We were going to hit the community Easter hunt in the morning, but it was totally ridiculous!  They advertised 3000 eggs but I'm pretty sure there were 300+ people there.  The parking was insane and Luke and I decided that the eggs had about a 2 second life expectancy.  We didn't want the girls and Michael to get trampled in the mob so we did one of our own.  It was much better this way.




 Michael absolutely LOVED the egg hunt and the jelly beans inside them.  He was absolutely adorable.
After the egg hunt we had an early dinner because we had plans to go see Maggie and my mom in the Bellevue South Stake Easter Program that night.  The music was beautiful and we saw lots of people from the old stake that we love and adore.
 Sunday was no less busy.  We had church at 9am in the morning, but since Luke and I were in the specialty number and in choir, I went to church at 8:15am while he stayed behind to get the kids ready.  Church was fantastic and a wonderful reminder about the true meaning of Easter.  After church we came home and had lunch.  After lunch I started cooking like there's no tomorrow.  I was cooking strait from 1pm-5pm since my mom and Zeke and Maggie's family were joining us for dinner.  I had invited Ron and Misty too but unfortunately their family wasn't feeling well and they decided to drive home early.  But, we had so much food that we could've fed the Bailey family!  I enjoy throwing dinner parties and I tend to over do it.. It was fantastic though!  We had ham, green bean casserole, fruit salad, caesar salad, rolls, herb roasted potatoes, bruchetta, spinach artichoke dip, mango pudding and lemon cream cheese bars.  Needless to say we were incredibly stuffed.

1 comment: